My first camera experience was as a video-journalist in the Los Angeles and Orange County markets. The influencing of images and how images influence people led me to cinematography, bringing together two lifelong loves; an innate knack for the technical and a strong, creative sensibility.
As a cinematographer, I have shot commercials, music videos, and narrative films on formats ranging from Super35 to Super8 and from digital cinema to high definition. I would define the job of cinematographer as a problem solver, an innovator, and a creative collaborator who ties the technical side of filmmaking to the artistic. I bring to the table my sense of artistry, craftsmanship, and valuable experience.
I enjoy independent productions where my experience offers a keen attention to detail, committed pursuit for quality and excellent problem solving skills. I have a strong visual aesthetic and I am able to put a great deal of production value on the screen, regardless of the budget. My fluency in Spanish makes me well suited for productions in that rapidly growing market.
* Extensive experience in narrative (long form, short form and television), music video, and commercial productions
* Broad and diverse camera experience: 35mm, 16mm, Super8, Digital Cinema and High Definition
* Lighting experience includes studio, location, and tabletop
* Considerable Blue and Green Screen work
* I.A.T.S.E Local 600 (classification: Director of Photography)
* 6 years of documentary and broadcast news experience as a field and studio camera operator
* Visual Effects Supervisor on numerous productions (2D compositing and motion graphics)
* Non-linear editorial experience
* Rock climber, swimmer
* Current Passport
* Fluent in Spanish